Some questions to ask yourself as you think about your “work” life and your personal goals:
- How much do I need to earn to meet my goals and necessary expenses?
- How important is it to me to be near or accessible to my family/children while I work?
- Which companies are located within or close to my community?
- Which of those companies are known to be good employers?
- Which of those companies outsource or are open to having workers work out of their homes?
- Which of those companies would be good potential clients for me if I was to open up my own business?
- What are my skill sets and interests?
- What additional education or training do I need to pursue my interests?
- Given my skills and the state of my regional economy are my earnings more secure as an independent contractor or employee?